B15 Sentra Forum banner

Undercarriage Pictures

6K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  Terranismo 
#1 ·
I would like to see if I can fit a similar cat back exhaust from a Spec V to my X-trail. Do any of you have any undercarriage pictures of your cat back exhausts? I am aware that I'll probably have to bend the tubing somewhere along because of the AWD system and probably rear clearance.

#3 ·
Well I only have one at nightime next to a friend's Integra and my Skoda. I'll take some more tomorrow when I wash it since it hasn't let off raining here for more than 2 weeks. Here's the pic:

http://photos.e46fanatics.com/data/3036/6158dcp_0717.jpg

It's pretty dark but I'll have the pics up on a server tomorrow evening.

#5 ·
kaaos thanks for the posts man, I love the look of the Nismo can, tip, and resonator. To bad the clearance on top of the suspension arm doesn't look able to clear my X. I am thinking about buying the exhaust and have it bent into shap. Does anyone recommend this?

#7 ·
kaaos: Thanks man, I had seen the first website but not the second. I don't like the exhaust from both sites since they are a dual exit type and seems to only be the canister not a true cat back. I'm loving the look of the Nismo exhaust but I don't see myself paying $500.00 plus to just use a canister.

#9 ·
Terranismo said:
kaaos: Thanks man, I had seen the first website but not the second. I don't like the exhaust from both sites since they are a dual exit type and seems to only be the canister not a true cat back. I'm loving the look of the Nismo exhaust but I don't see myself paying $500.00 plus to just use a canister.
Ahhh i see, didnt realize it was just a rear section. I automatically assumed it was a catback exhaust when seeing the $500+ price tag for that! :)

#11 ·
kaaos: Yeah the other thing would be that the shipping from Europe would probably kill me. The price of the exhasut would probably double. The only true cat back exhaust I have found is the Impul one from Japan but it's made for the QR20DE and SR20VET X-Trails. I'm guessing I can still adapt it to my engine since the mounting points are the same but I still have to contend with the shipping price.

02SE-R: It is similar in size to an Escape, but the rear seats have more room (legs, shoulders, head). The passenger compartment is larger but the trunk is smaller thanks to the plastic side panels. The seating position is more relaxed than the Escape also but you don't get a steering wheel adjustable in depth only on rake.

And you guys in U.S.A. don't get the X-trail since you already get the Xterra which is similarly priced and sized. Nissan makes different small sized SUVS for different parts of the world. Other models include the Paladin/Roniz (that looks like an Xterra but with a front end form the non U.S. Nissan Pickup), the Nissan Terrano II, and the Nissan Mistral.

giest_420: Not all Xtrails are AWD or equipped with the QR25DE. They are two versions of the QR25DE (the lower version with the same hp rating as the SE-R can only be had with an auto). It also has the SR20VET with a 4 speed auto, and the QR20DE with either FWD or AWD.

#14 ·
Terranismo said:
kaaos: Yeah the other thing would be that the shipping from Europe would probably kill me. The price of the exhasut would probably double. The only true cat back exhaust I have found is the Impul one from Japan but it's made for the QR20DE and SR20VET X-Trails. I'm guessing I can still adapt it to my engine since the mounting points are the same but I still have to contend with the shipping price.
I should think that should definately bolt up fine especially since that catback is designed for the QR20DE also. And if it's also designed for the SR20VET, it has to be decently sized for reduced backpressure. Sounds like they made the cat in the X-Trail at a uniform location for all the different types of X-Trail.

As for shipping.....I dunno..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.