Why do my windows roll down so slow? [Archive] - B15sentra.net - Nissan Sentra Forum

: Why do my windows roll down so slow?

HyperSonic
12-12-2003, 02:21 AM
It's weird...all my windows roll up and down very slow. I only have 29,000 miles now so I don't know what it is. Do you guys think I may be needing a new battery soon?

BodeB15
12-12-2003, 02:33 AM
LOL , mine do the same in my 2000 SE w/pp . ;)

JezturSpecV
12-12-2003, 02:37 AM
I have one better. My Spec-V is about 7 months old and my auto drivers side window stops sometimes with about an inch of window left...

djtrickz
12-12-2003, 02:40 AM
its the window regulators. i just got my two front ones replaced under warrenty :D

HyperSonic
12-12-2003, 02:46 AM
What is it about the regulators that cause the windows to go up and down slow?

e2001gxe
12-12-2003, 04:01 AM
If your still underwarrenty GET THEM FIXED. I have 45k so I'm out of warrenty and I priced the regulators...90$!! Labor in SoCal is ~130$.... My front drivers side window stopped going up =(

jnaks
12-12-2003, 04:50 AM
Originally posted by HyperSonic
What is it about the regulators that cause the windows to go up and down slow?

its usually the wire getting all messed up. cheap stuff, basically. the damn thing goes in a lot of cars.

get it replaced, i did. don't let it get to where mine was: stuck and unable to move... ;)

BPimpin007
12-12-2003, 05:54 AM
Originally posted by HyperSonic
It's weird...all my windows roll up and down very slow. I only have 29,000 miles now so I don't know what it is. Do you guys think I may be needing a new battery soon?

get the battery checked at the dealership and take it from there...

i had the same problem, they asked me to leave the car to check out the window motors and such, I asked them to check the battery first and sure enough the battery was crapped out now the windows work fine,
well...
they slow down when the AC is on, at nite, with my stereo on, and im rolling up 2 or more windows at once :)

minnspecV
12-12-2003, 06:05 AM
lets be serious, it has to do with the load the motors require in watts, and the amp/watt output range that our cheapie alternators put out, -the fixins... In other words, try opening your sunroof while the auto down feature on the driver side goes down.. Any hint? Its all about the wiring, and amps/watts.. I wonder if we all need an altima 2.5SE alternator on our V's? Hmmmm, this might make sense?

Anyone have an idea about the difference between alternators on the altima and the spec?? I assume the altima has more so called luxuries and desires to have a higher output alternator?

Any Ideas?

audio1der
12-12-2003, 01:21 PM
Good thinking.
Similar to how I was going to upgrade the chassis grounds in the engine compartment in the spring, to help reduce resistance there, better/larger wiring to the window motor couldn't hurt.
My drivers window is painfully slow. I was wondering if I could'nt swap in a bigger motor, or maybe wire it up with a relay, so it gets full batt. power (right from the batt: switched thru relay)when operating.

BodeB15
12-12-2003, 01:25 PM
I had a bad fuse , a new one solved the problem . :)