when I lock the car doesnt make horn sound [Archive] - B15sentra.net - Nissan Sentra Forum

: when I lock the car doesnt make horn sound

tristatesentra
10-31-2008, 08:20 PM
today I was locking my car with the key fob and the horn doesnt go off but the lights flash but it doesnt flash. I even tried the spare key fob no such luck when i unlock it the interior light just comes on is it a fuse that needs to be changed please help......:)

seekerbeta
10-31-2008, 08:23 PM
i really hate to tell you this.. look on the back of your Keyfob. There is instructions to turn the horn beep on or off

just so you dont need to look, ill write them here

PRESS BOTH
LOCK&UNLOCK 2SEC
BEEP <--> QUIET

PRESS UNLOCK
ONCE: DRIVER DOOR
TWICE: ALL DOORS

To Go Into a little more detail.. Press the "Lock" and "Unlock" Keys for 2 seconds, the car will flash to signify a recievel of information.

Silent --> Locking doors, ambers will flash. Unlocking - Only Interior Light will signify an unlocked door
Beep --> Locking Door, Ambers will flash, horn will sound, and if interior is on, Will go out. Unlocking --> Ambers will flash, and interior lights will come on.

Frodo
10-31-2008, 08:42 PM
If the above doesnt help check the "CARS" battery on my mitsu when the cars battery was at the end of its life the horn wouldnt beep to save energy

tristatesentra
10-31-2008, 09:13 PM
i really hate to tell you this.. look on the back of your Keyfob. There is instructions to turn the horn beep on or off

just so you dont need to look, ill write them here

To Go Into a little more detail.. Press the "Lock" and "Unlock" Keys for 2 seconds, the car will flash to signify a recievel of information.

Silent --> Locking doors, ambers will flash. Unlocking - Only Interior Light will signify an unlocked door
Beep --> Locking Door, Ambers will flash, horn will sound, and if interior is on, Will go out. Unlocking --> Ambers will flash, and interior lights will come on.

just did it and it worked thanx a bunch for the advice :)

seekerbeta
10-31-2008, 09:58 PM
no problem

darick88
11-04-2008, 12:12 AM
WOW... mines been off for over 1 year of 2 and I've been sticking with the "silent" and thought something went wrong with the horn. LOL. I should try this when I get back home.hahahaha

chiquae07
11-04-2008, 12:45 AM
mine went silent....thats cuz my whole horn is out. i need to stop being lazy and find out where it went out, if its the horn itself or a wire from the horn relay....

seekerbeta
11-04-2008, 12:14 PM
mine went silent....thats cuz my whole horn is out. i need to stop being lazy and find out where it went out, if its the horn itself or a wire from the horn relay....

99.9% of the time its the wire near the rad. a quick search will net you many results

chiquae07
11-04-2008, 03:08 PM
^^yea, i have the thread bookmarked. its on my to-do list...

RobSE
11-04-2008, 03:53 PM
I switched mine to silent a while back, i rather not have my whole neighborhood know I just got home.

picot2008
11-15-2008, 09:09 PM
hi
im new to the forum , my sister got a b15 sentra 2004 1.8 lts...
it had the same silence alarm problem...then i ran into this post and tryied ur tip...it workedĦĦĦ
the alarm makes sound and flashes again :) ...
keep up the good work with these kind of usefull tips

B15AZN
11-16-2008, 03:38 AM
ahh .... your question that i have actually post before, **** happened to me last year. Anyway all you have to do is hold your lock/unlock key fob couple secs, your car will automatically set it up to silent mode. If you hold the key fob lock/unlock buttons couple secs later, it will turns back to normal mode

tristatesentra
12-13-2008, 03:15 PM
now I know and I know how that happened I had too much crap in my pocket that day it must have played with my remote and made that happen

BrianRitchie
12-13-2008, 03:40 PM
for a couple days my horn wasnt sounding when i locked it, turned out one of the doors wasnt shut all the way. doh!